Unsure of process on changing primary domain associated with Hestia install

Hi Hestia Community,

I installed Hestia a couple of months ago and want to change the domain name that I originally used in the install. What command is done to change the domain name? Furthermore, I already have the domain that I want to use as an additional web domain added into the Hestia Control Panel. How is this best done? And will I have to reassign SSL certificates in the process? Lastly, what is the best way to manage backup and recovery if the process doesn’t go well?

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

v-change-sys-hostname, have a look at SSL Certificates and Let's Encrypt — Hestia Control Panel documentation

Thank you. I’ll check it out.

You won’t need a backup but:
To make sure you have your backup in the /backup directory you can do it with this command:
ls -l /backup
The list will show the creation date and time for the backup. In case it is not working, then look in the docs or try to set your backup via UI.

Create the DNS entry
Go to your DNS server (that can be your hestiacp server or not) and configure the new hostname DNS entry:
new.mydomain.com A 123.123.123.123

Run the command
$HESTIA/bin/v-change-sys-hostname new.mydomain.com

Enable letsencrypt
$HESTIA/bin/v-add-letsencrypt-host
If it shows an error code 400. It is maybe because the new DNS has not been yet propagated or it is not correctly configured.

Bear in mind that if the commands dont show any output, they have been successfully executed.

Mr. Guerrero, thank you for your detailed reply. I am new to linux and I really appreciate the thorough explanation. Kindest Regards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.