UNZIP From File Manager (Hestiacp 1.2.0)

From hestiacp 1.2.0 Tried to unzip a file from file manager and observe that it takes a very long time and only seems to unzip only one folder and a couple of files from the zip file. Don’t think the unzip feature is uncompressing everything as it does from cli - from cli works fine.

Also, wanted to ask if this unzip feature only works for zip files? Will it work for .tar and other compressed methods? Any way from the webui the unzip can show status or activity of files being unzipped?

1 Like

Tried to unzip a file from file manager and observe that it takes a very long time

Agree with bigger files the speed is quite poor

and only seems to unzip only one folder and a couple of files from the zip file.Don’t think the unzip feature is uncompressing everything as it does from cli - from cli works fine.

Haven’t seen any issues yet. I don’t know how the implemented but due the fact that we had to build in unzip support into php database. I think unzipping is handled within PHP and then send over an sftp tunnel to de location. Is will also explain the terrible unzip speed.

Also, wanted to ask if this unzip feature only works for zip files? Will it work for .tar and other compressed methods?

Haven’t tested yet please try and go ahead.

Any way from the webui the unzip can show status or activity of files being unzipped?

No,

1 Like

How does it compare when unzipping with a native sftp client like winscp or filezilla?

Issue with file permissions
with FM I have uploaded last Joomla version unzip and after I could not access giving Permission denied.
I had to use filezilla to alter all permissions recursively

Should public_html be 750 ?
all internal folders @ 755
all internal files @ 644

many thanks

Noticed a similar issue. Could you please create a new Issue at Github?

Hi @eris is done
https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/issues/925

thank you

How does it compare when unzipping with a native sftp client like winscp or filezilla?

Unable to test WINSCP/Filezilla (On Osx it doesn’t support unzip at least)

Start
root@dev:/usr/local/hestia/data/users/eris# date
Mon 13 Jul 2020 12:53:25 PM CEST

End

root@dev:/usr/local/hestia/data/users/eris# date
Mon 13 Jul 2020 12:55:06 PM CEST]

Also noticed the default chmod is 0744 instead of 755 cause the following issues on Apach2 servers

[Mon Jul 13 12:47:08.904962 2020] [core:crit] [pid 31949:tid 140226291853056] (13)Permission denied: [client ip:0] AH00529: /home/eris/web/domain.tld/public_html/test/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable and that '/home/eris/web/domain.tld/public_html/test/' is executable

I was waiting a feedback from the OP about the uncompress time as I also don’t have access to a windows machine.

The second part concerning file perms could be a easy fix, will have to take a look