Upgrade Ubuntu 20.04 - 22.04 - no LTS available

Hi there, i’m trying to upgrade my Ubuntu 22.04 to 22.04 (my first distro upgrade using HestiaCP). First I ran sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade followed by sudo do-release-upgrade and now I encounter the following:

chris@host:~$ sudo do-release-upgrade
Checking for a new Ubuntu release
There is no development version of an LTS available.
To upgrade to the latest non-LTS development release
set Prompt=normal in /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades.

I know this is ‘expected’ behaviour since Ubuntu 20.04 will not detect a newer version until Ubuntu 22.04.1 is released, which is scheduled for 2022-08-04.
Should I use a work-around or wait until august?

One more question: can i safely use this command sudo apt --purge autoremove to remove unused packages? The following packages are mentioned as ‘no longer needed’: libfwupdplugin1 libmcrypt4 php-apcu-bc php7.4-apcu php7.4-apcu-bc ttf-dejavu-core.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Yes …

1 Like

Thank you @eris!

Uh, I think I missed an episode. Can we now upgrade from LTS to LTS with HestiaCP? I thought you had to reinstall the whole server.

Regards

No, that was always possible, you just need to be sure, that you have setup the repository properly after upgrade (change codename) and also maybe adjust the exim config (overwrite it with the default one) due to changes with the newest exim version.

But as always: Only upgrade when you know what you’re doing, best thing would be to do that on a non productive system as testing first.

2 Likes

Thank you @Raphael. How does this effect the first part of my question? Should I wait or how can I make it work?