Upgrading from 1.0.6 to 1.1.0

Hello team! :raised_hand:
I understand correctly, to upgrade to version 1.1.0 you need 2 steps: 1 .install the new key: wget -qO - https://gpg.hestiacp.com/deb_signing.key | sudo apt-key add -
2.use apt to reinstall the package: apt-get update && apt-get install --reinstall hestia
Are these actions enough to update?
Thanks!
sorry for my English :slightly_smiling_face:

Reinstall is only for users, that are already running 1.1.0 beta. For system upgrade use the following commands:

wget -qO - https://gpg.hestiacp.com/deb_signing.key | sudo apt-key add -
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

5 Likes

Thanks, ScIT

1 Like

@Raphael, @team - thanks for the new Hestia Release!

Iā€™m still on Debian Stretch. What is the recommended way to upgrade Hestia from v1.0.6 to v1.1.0?

A.

1. Upgrade Debian to Buster
  2. Upgrade Hestia to v1.1.0

B.

1. Upgrade Hestia to v1.1.0
  2. Upgrade Debian to Buster

Which is the preferred one: A vs B?

Basicly you can do both ways, here is no best practice for an upgrade to buster. @falzo has tested it on one of his systems, maybe he can write more about it :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

as Hestia 1.1 is compatible to both debian versions but 1.0.6 is not (with buster), you most likely want to upgrade hestia first and only after that push stretch to buster, so Iā€™d recommend option B. I did not run any tests the other way around to be honest.

however, as @Raphael already pointed out in the end both should work or even a combined upgrade might do. I simply prefer to be able to control it better and therefore do it step by step.

always make sure you have fresh backups available - a fresh install of buster plus hestia 1.1 with a restore from these backups is another option (and fallback solution anyway) :wink:

4 Likes

Yesterday I added the new repository key and tonight HestiaCP has automatically updated to version 1.1.0. Everything seems to work wonderfully. I will update Debian to version 10 a few weeks later.

Congratulations and thank you very much for your work.

1 Like

Great, I eventually upgraded all of my servers using option B.

Everything seems to work flawlessly (after minor changes).

Thanks guys. Hestia Team rockz!

3 Likes