Upgrading from Ubuntu 20.04 Focal to Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy

I will upgrade from 20.04 to 22.04 but i want to ask what does those mean from documentation:

1. If you want to use sha512 Password encryption…link

As i know the hestia, exim and wordpress only use md5 so where sha512 will be used? Do you recommend to use it and why?

1. Also i use ProFTPD and as per documentation you suggest to Comment out line 29 in /etc/profpd/prodtpd.conf. After upgrade i have to uncomment this line or leave it as comment?

Thanks

Exim: Uses by default bcrypt since 1.6.x but the “name” of the field is still md5.
Hestia uses the system default and for Ubuntu 22.04 it is yesscrypt if you want to change it back to sha512 the default for Ubuntu20.04

In:
2. Also i use ProFTPD and as per documentation you suggest to Comment out line 29 in /etc/profpd/prodtpd.conf. After upgrade i have to uncomment this line or leave it as comment?

You can try it enabling it but so far I know support is dropped for this feature in the proftpd uses…

upgrating to 22.04.1 …

Step 1) Read documentation link

Step 2)
the system asked me to keep or upgrade these files (correct answer is to keep current files):

/etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf
/etc/sudoers
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template

/usr/share/dovecot/dovecot.conf
/usr/share/dovecot/conf.d/10-auth.conf
/usr/share/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf
/usr/share/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf
/usr/share/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf
/usr/share/dovecot/conf.d/15-mailboxes.conf
/usr/share/dovecot/conf.d/20-imap.conf

/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf.proftpd-new
/etc/proftpd/modules.conf.proftpd-new

/etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.named
/etc/ssh/sshd_config

Step 3)
remove obsolete packages? Yes!

Step 4) After udgrading to 22.04.1 Hestiacp stopped working (500 error). this can be fixed as…

wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/libz/libzip/libzip5_1.5.1-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i libzip5_1.5.1-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
systemctl start hestia

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.