Upstream sent too big header while reading response header from upstream

upstream sent too big header while reading response header from upstream
I only see this at one domain with the wp-admin/profile.php update. I have tried all solution. I have more domains on 1 hestia install and they don’t have that issue.

I tried everything but with no succes. I also deactived all plugins, installed new theme, same problem

Please provide more information on your setup:

Nginx or Apache2 or both?

Due to the fact it is only website it might be an endless loop. Did you check your log files?

I use both. Apachy and Nginx

the error only happends on 1 domain and that one domain is also the host where you install the hestiacp on it. So there are more domains on the same panel. But it only happends on one domain like i said.

So I deleted the domain completly from hestia, and added it again, installed wordpress without any plugins, but error still there.

I read and search on internet something about set buffertime etc etc, but that seems to be correct in the files on Hestia, no idea which file I had to look. I checked every nginx file.

and yes I checked my log

2022/05/16 14:10:19 [error] 799#799: *5 upstream sent too big header while reading response header from upstream, client: , server: .nl, request: “GET /wp-admin/profile.php HTTP/2.0”, upstream: “https://:8443/wp-admin/profile.php”, host: “www…nl”, referrer: “https://www…nl/wp-admin/”
2022/05/16 14:10:21 [error] 799#799: *5 upstream sent too big header while reading response header from upstream, client: , server:

So it has to do with an update from Hestia who created this error. It is an error on the host. And i didn’t touch anything for a long time and there is also no ghost on my server.

Try increasing the proxy buffer size?
proxy_buffer_size 128k;
proxy_buffers 4 256k;
proxy_busy_buffers_size 256k;

1 Like

It worked. Thank you. I found also the correct file

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.