Using without a port?

Hello,

how can I setup the panel so that I can use it without specifying the port ?
My main domain has SSL and Hestia installs cert when installing the panel. In the config before installation I tried putting 443 as port instead of 8083. Should I put port 80 ?

panel.example.ltd instead of panel.example.ltd:port

You can’t use port 80 or 443 as it is allready occupied by Nginx

and

1 Like

so I should edit it to be like this in /usr/local/hestia/nginx/conf/nginx.conf ?

Copy the templates to /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/nginx/

And enable it for the domain you want it to be active…

1 Like

Sorry for asking but how exactly do I enable it for the domain ?

Select under Advanced Options → Proxy template “cp”

Yes I have found it. I havent seen that you have sent link in the previous message. But as I can see it does not work unfortunately. Do I need to rebuild it ?

Copy both:

and web-templates/cp.tpl at master · jaapmarcus/web-templates · GitHub

to /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/nginx/
and select it from the same list…

1 Like

I did.

I added both files to : /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/nginx/
And then on the panel selected the domain → advanced options → proxy template → cp. Saved but it did not work.

What is the error?

Site loads quite long and then I get this.

Internal Server Error

Oops! Something went wrong.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Error Code: 500

Did you change the Hestia port?

Run v-change-sys-port 8083 to reset it to the default or update the port number in the templates

I didnt change the port, tried the command and restarted the service. Still no luck

Check /var/log/apache2/domains/domain.error.log what the issue is…

Unable to connect to the upstream…

Its ok I fixed it. Thank you for your help, much appreciated

1 Like

One more question. How could I put it behind a cloudflare proxy so that I can use it without a port ?

i am trying to do the same thing but i want to do a bit more research before i screw up my perfectly working setup.
i am behind cloudflare so i am using port 2087 instead of 8083, is it possible to modify this file add it in template and get it working on just domain with cloudflare behind?

Note: had to change port because cloudflare blocks 8083

Update, i have managed to get my main HCP directly without port, but when i try other domains they dont work, i am using cloudflare proxy as well and using cname records.

UPDATE:All domains working including their hcp with ssl and no port needed :slight_smile: thanks everyone for their support