V-add-letsencrypt-domain

Hostname is server.domain.com and secured by Let’s Encrypt. Secured using v-add-letsencrypt-host. Panel has an A record pointing at the hostname.domain.com and logging in to the panel works.

Site is being staged so I created a user, created a domain and added an alias subdomain.domain.com and pointing an A record at the subdomain which I can reach using mtr. The domain is on another server and still live, but the subdomain can be reached on the new server. I need to create a Let’s Encrypt ssl for testing the site on the subdomain.

v-add-letsencrypt-domain user subdomain.domain.com results in: Error: web domain subdomain.domain.com doesn’t exist

Trying it as v-add-letsencrypt-domain user domain.com subdomain.domain.com results in Error: Let’s Encrypt validation status 400. Details: Unable to update challenge :: authorization must be pending

This post Domain name Change? - #2 by falzo is the example we’re basing this from.

If it helps to sort this, the domain used as for hosting.domain.com, domain and subdomain.domain.com are the same domain. We’re still pointing the root domain to the live site and the hosting.domain.com and subdomain.domain.com to the hestiacp server machine.

Also, bringing up the subdomain.domain.com displays the server.domain.com certificate.

It is indeed the default behaviour. Best way to solve it is to add
sub.domain.com as an new webdomain and set the custom doc root to the domain.com

@eris Thanks for the reply and the explanation. I appreciate your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.