VestaCP Migration

Hello,

I’m a long time VestaCP user that has migrated to HestiaCP today. I’m having issues with getting LE certificates working for anything at the moment. I did a clean setup, migrated my backups from the old server to the new server in /backups/ and performed a restore.

I can turn the old machine back on and everything will work “ok”. The only issue I’m currently experiencing is with LE Cert’s on any domain - including the host. I’ve checked the logs and don’t see anything jumping out at me. I’ve used the site search function and none of those seem to resolve it. I’ve checked the existing for AAA records and there is nothing present.

Current system is a Ubuntu 20.04 VM - Windows 2019 DC Host, 20c/40t, 192 GB RAM, 1TB SSD (4x 250 Raid 10). Install was clean.

admin@cp01:~$ sudo /usr/local/hestia/bin/v-add-letsencrypt-domain admin cp01.carolinashost.com
unable to load key
140574028760384:error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:…/crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:745:Expecting: ANY PRIVATE KEY
unable to load Private Key
140043055801664:error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:…/crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:745:Expecting: ANY PRIVATE KEY
unable to load key file
140083696088384:error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:…/crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:745:Expecting: ANY PRIVATE KEY
Error: Let’s Encrypt acc registration failed 400

That is the error I’m receiving at the moment.

Thanks,
Vantz

So the fix was to navigate to
/usr/local/hestia/data/users/admin/ssl

I first compared the le.conf and user.key to that of a functioning user I was able to generate a certificate for. The files for the admin user was blank. A quick rm -rf file.name removed the corrupt file and then a simple sudo /usr/local/hestia/bin/v-add-letsencrypt-user admin created new ones for the user. In case anyone else has this issue.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.