What version of CP to install?

Hi all,
i had for long time VestaCP and now want to intall new server,
for now there are 3 versions of CP: VestaCP, myVestaCP, HestiaCP
As i undestand

• VestaCP - is old and have security bugs - so Vesta is bad idea (looks like dead)
  • myVestaCP - is VestaCP with security updates in all other things its same system
  • HestiaCP - have VestaCP base and now trying to have own way

I need just stable, secured and easy admin panel on stable and updated OS (not important if Debian or Ubuntu)

And now my questions:

• Have HestiaCP included security from myVestaCP?
  • Where are main differences between those systems (myVesta/Hestia)?
  • Is there some covorking between authors of those systems?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

• VestaCP - is old and have security bugs - so Vesta is bad idea (looks like dead)

Also some major security issues…

• myVestaCP - is VestaCP with security updates in all other things its same system

It al lot saver still support how ever still remaining close to Vesta… Still support there plugins and support Softaculous out of the box. How ever only support Debian (8, 9 and 10)

• HestiaCP - have VestaCP base and now trying to have own way

Has more actively development but don’t support the plugins that are sold on VestaCP website and no Softaculous support.

For filemanager we have a replacemant. Chroot is build in by default and for free and Softaculous we have an alternative but its more limited. Instead of 300 apps we currently support 5.

• Have HestiaCP included security from myVestaCP?
  • Where are main differences between those systems (myVesta/Hestia)?
  • Is there some covorking between authors of those systems?

There is regular communication between us van myVestaCP mainly for Security issues. Including bug ending up in Adding escapeshellarg on few more places in php code · serghey-rodin/vesta@c377e19 · GitHub

And many more…

Hestia has many new features like Ipset, chroot and many more.

For security we support by default chroot, 2fa is possible and again many more… See Getting Started | Hestia Control Panel

Also the development is active…

Hi @Andy and welcome!

Basicly right, we also try to expand Hestia with more usable features and also hardening the security of the whole system.

As far as I know depca, the maintainer of myVestaCP has added some lockdown features that arent included in Hestia. Based on the security, like exploits or optimization, I would say we’re on the same level.

I would say features and a higher amount of devs, myVesta is maintained by dpeca, which publish his fork which he is using mainly for his own server infrastructure: Problem after upgrade to exim-4.94-1.el7 on CentOS 7 - Page 5 - Vesta Control Panel - Forum

Yes it is, we have a close cooperation between our two forks and are in direct contact.

1 Like