Which distro and version do you use?

Which distro and version do you use for your HestiaCP?

• Debian 9
  • Debian 10
  • Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
  • Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
  • Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

0 voters

1 Like

Debain 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 :slight_smile:

hehe interesting idea… though you should make this multiple choice maybe, I do have deb9 , deb10 and even ubuntu 18 in the mix :wink:

PS: I can try to change that poll to multiple, if you want…

3 Likes

Debian 10 and Ubuntu 18.04

Just do it :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

huh, just found, that I can’t do it anymore (only within first 5 minutes) so probably would need to void all votes… let’s leave it like that and see what numbers pop up, people who use more than one distro still can comment on it anyway. :metal:t2:

Was able to change it, but it resetted the votes - sorry about that - lets start again :slight_smile:.

1 Like

It would be cool to just focus at one distro, maybe Debian only.

Not planed at all, the difference between Ubuntu and Debian isnt that big. We also would love to support CentOS which we are currently working on, aswell as on a unified installer.

1 Like

I will never understand why people install Ubuntu on a server, rather than Debian. :exploding_head:
+1 for adding CentOS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1 for CentOS

Freshly installed 1.2.2 on a new Ubuntu 20.04 VPS today. Looks nice!

Btw have you noticed that most providers have Debian 10 with LC_ALL and LANG errors for UTF-8? You always need manualy to reconfigure the lang (Virtono, HostUS, VPS2Day, Buyvm).

It’s fine to use a provider’s OS template for an initial testing installation - grab network settings etc. Really, in production, you should use an official ISO even if that means having to tailor it to a particular provider. (Especially true if they assign a dynamic IP for server, which is very commonplace.) Just in my humble opinion, as always.

Why do you say this?

+1 for adding CentOS

1 Like