Which files to include in a full Hestia config backup

Hi,
I was just having a re-think of backup on one of my servers, and decided to turn off hestia local backup and just run some restic backups offsite. Mainly for space reasons on this particular machine. Anyway, it got me thinking that without local backup, the user settings aren’t preserved, so I should probably take a backup of those.
So what files would I need to backup to make sure the whole hestia config is preserved? I’ve got:

/home/<user>/conf 
$HESTIA/conf
$HESTIA/data

Is that all I need to backup, so that if I set up a new server, installed Hestia, and then copied these files into place it would be up and running? I already take a backup of /etc/

Related thought: it would be useful in this scenario if there were a flag to the v-backup-user command, which would ignore all the data, and just create a tiny backup file with the user config. Just thinking out loud.

For Hestia it self + User data
/usr/local/hesita/conf
/usr/local/hestia/data
/etc/hestiacp/ (New in 1.5)
/home/{user}/

1 Like

Thanks. Good to know about the /etc/hestiacp introduction.

/var/lib/mysql seems important

In case of a user backup the databases should be allready in the backups

Related thought: it would be useful in this scenario if there were a flag to the v-backup-user command, which would ignore all the data, and just create a tiny backup file with the user config. Just thinking out loud.

It is worth noting that you can add backup exclusions through the web UI. I exclude certain backup directories that Nextcloud makes, for example, to save on space. You can exclude web, mail, DB, and users.