Why WordPress password change not working via phpmyadmin?

Hi all. The problem is this. I forgot password. I change it through phpmyadmin (because I know the password to the database). When setting a new password, I select the MD5 encryption format. But after changing the password it still doesn’t work. Adding new users does not work in the same way. The site sees the user himself. But about the password always writes that it is wrong. How to be, tell me? How to enter the site now, knowing access to the database? It seems that the problem is hashing.

• What operating system are you running?
  • What version of MariaDB is installed?
1 Like

10.11.4-MariaDB-1:10.11.4+maria~ubu2004 - mariadb.org binary distribution

Answer:
When creating a password for a new user, you must specify the encryption method password function php at the very bottom of the list of encryptions next to creating a password.
Thank you very much @anon95304325

We use by default https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/blob/926458500ecdee003aa82e92a6645d3e51f591ec/web/src/app/WebApp/Installers/WordPress/WordPressSetup.php#L188

But it should not explain why encoding via md5 doesn’t work

@mr-grey You are partially right here, but the default that the password column should be set to is MD5 I have not tried any other type of password format.

the above link and steps I have followed in the past and they have always worked for me.

I had this same issue on two sites. I tried MD5 and it failed, until I tried @mr-grey’s solution to use “password_hash() PHP” and then it worked.