Wildcard certificates in Contabo VPS & Hestia

Hello
Has anyone configured wildcard certificates in HestiaCP and with a VPS from Contabo.com?
Contabo has its own DNS servers (ns1.contabo.net and ns2.contabo.net) and I believe that it is not possible to use dns from the domains themselves to be able to configure the wildcard certificates.
Thank you,

You are not able to request an wildcard certificate unless you host DNS within Hestia. Other wise you need to renew this every 3 month manually

2 Likes

I have the DNS configured in Hestia, I understand the problem comes from Contabo :frowning: that’s why I was asking if anyone has had this problem

Probaly you missunderstand the dns configuration in hestia. You need to setup a dns cluster and point your domain to this nameserver cluster (like ns1.domain.tld, ns2.domain.tld) - the steps for this are on our docs. I don’t think you’ve a setup like this, which is needed for wildcard ssl certs.

1 Like

It’s probably like that, and as much as I read I find it hard to understand :frowning:
I’ll keep trying
Thank you,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.