Write permission tmp

Hello there; I’m using Hesticp. I have to give write permission to /home/user/temp folder. What is causing this error? Unable to log on to sites every time an update comes. Please help me.

users cannot login. The permission I gave to the upload folders is lost and the image cannot be uploaded.

It is reset during upgrade of Hestia by rebuilding the config…

What is your set up?

By default it get the permission: drwxrwx–x 2 user user 36K Aug 27 06:25 tmp

Users cannot log in. That’s why I need to give /home/user/tmp permissions. I know this is wrong but I have no choice.

Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-80-generic x86_64)
hetzner vps

Have you given the user bash permission so they could login properly?

I don’t mean panel users. Unable to keep php sessions on the website. php sessions register in /home/user/temp. Although the permissions in the website public_html are chown user:user, apache cannot save the session.

What is is your setup. I assume Apache2 + ModPHP + Ubuntu 20.04?

only apache installed. Apache2 + Ubuntu 20.04? or i don’t know

Will this be a normal help?

I assume you use Mod php fpm then it was the default with Hestia older then 1.1

Easiest method is to switch over to php-fpm hestiacp/migrate_apache.sh at main · hestiacp/hestiacp · GitHub

Second option is add package.sh in /usr/local/hestia/data/packages/ with

#/bin/bash
chmod 0777 /home/$1/tmp/

Where package.sh is the name of the package file.

Hello there; I asked for help on this issue before. I haven’t been able to find a solution for a long time. I love Hesticp so much I don’t want to give up, but I’ll have to switch to another panel. Can the developers bring this issue to the agenda and produce a solution?

Updating Hestiacp defaults to /home/$user/tmp/ folder write permission. Apache cannot create session registration because PHP sessions are stored here. Unable to login to the website. The write permission I gave to other upload folders is also lost.

See solution here… Should work fine