xWiki on HestiaCP

Hi All,

I tried to install xWiki on the very same server where my HestiaCP is running and it seems that both nginx and apache can run on the very same machine (ubuntu 20.04 LTS). However, I couldn’t manage to have it up and running as I believe requests to my FQDN are handled by Apache instead of Nginx.

Is there a way to install xWiki on HestiaCP? Has anyone succeded on this?

Thanks.

Short answer would be that you need to create a custom template (search the forum for examples).
Documentation for xWiki states. “In some cases, you might already have a Web Server running on port 8080. If this happens you have to use another port, specified by passing an argument to the start script (e.g. using the port 8081, as in start_xwiki.sh -p 8081 for XWiki 6.2+ and start_xwiki.sh -8081 for older versions).”
So yes, as apache is using port 8080, you’d need to start xWiki on another port, say 8081, and then create the template to forward to that port.

1 Like

Thanks @pluto.

you need to create a custom template (search the forum for examples)

I searched in the forum and the only documentation I found is this. Is that correct?

In some cases, you might already have a Web Server running on port 8080

I’m not sure but your solution seems to be applicable for installing xWiki demo distributions only. I need to install a xWiki in production using a proper .deb package as stated in their web site.

nope, this one here: Getting Started | Hestia Control Panel

with custom port and custom template this should work, doesnt matter which version.

Easiest solution is go with the docker image the provided and install on a port that is currently not in use. And create a custom template…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.