Email Distribution List

How can I setup an email distribution list under HestiaCP? For instance have email sent to [email protected] be copied to [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected].

I have seen some mention of changing /etc/aliases, but I haven’t found any examples.

If it can’t be setup through the control panel, should I just directly modify the config files? It looks like exim4 is handling the SMTP transport. I’ve taken a quick look at the exim4 docs, but it looks like it’s going to be a serious spelunking effort to find the exim4 settings.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

That should be easy: Create a new mailboy, enable mail forwarding, set the receipients and tick the do not wtore forwarded mails checkbox.

1 Like

@Raphael, wish I would have thought of that. Very nice!

I’m going to hold off checking this as a solution for just a little bit because I’m pretty certain the Exim4 MTA underneath HestiaCP has the ability to support alias/distribution lists. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that someone here know how to do that even if it has to be done from the command line. In the meantime, I’m spelunking the Exim docs to see if I can figure out the magic incantation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.