Enable to login to panel after v-restore

reset password not work :frowning:

another way to reset admin password please?

login ssh via your terminal
ssh [email protected]

with root or sudo user:
# passwd admin
enter new pass word

1 Like

do NOT reset with passwd, this could also be your issue. Always use v-change-user-password, otherwise the password gets reseted during a rebuild.

1 Like

/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-change-user-password admin newpassword

No wonder it not working as rebuilds will reset passwords… to what is know in Hestia…

TVM i did it now but, no working… im in this loop for some days… ufff

thanks @Raphael
then this might have been a past issue for me
but, as i mentioned, i wasn’t getting any password error message in return of my attempt to log in with admin
i haven’t restored the admin

as you might have read, i’m now waiting a how to restore without failing

enough disk space? there are much potential reasons for a login loop, have a look here in the forum.

1 Like

me too, 5 days of great efforts and no way out
good luck

i’m at a point now where i’m avoiding ssh keys, 2fa, in order to restore a BACKUP in this machine

Impossible space I have a lot of this… but thanks punkyard other solution for this problem? ty all guys

so far i didn’t get an solution from the forum
i had to reinstall . .

and now i can’t restore my backups without this issue coming back each time

you can extract a package and manualy restore the content → Backups / Restore — Hestia Control Panel documentation

1 Like

have you tried to look towards the firewall fail2ban?

there is no instruction about manual backup
do i have to understand that I should extract this archive and simply scp the content to the root folder of the user?
what about ownership during that process?

how can i reinstall? just made the update but, I can fix it by reinstalling it I had it immediately!

HestiaCP is not an autopilot for your server. Hestia is a tool to enable various hosting related settings via a web interface.

We assume that you are familiar with the basics of server administration, as well as knowledge about setting up and managing hosting applications. This means we assume that even without Hestia you would be able to set up a LAMP stack and manage your email, but are looking for a tool to simplify these tasks.

We cannot provide support for requests that do not describe in detail the troubleshooting you have already done or that clearly show a lack of will and knowledge to solve the proble

1 Like

what’s your server environnement?

1 Like

Ubuntu 20.04

what’s the machine? VPS?

1 Like

go back from start . .
reinitiate the vps from your provider panel

are you following these steps?

apt update && upgrade -y
apt-get install ca-certificates -y
cd /tmp
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/release/install/hst-install.sh
bash hst-install.sh

remove ufw when invited to
then enter your email
then your domain or sub.domain

accept install
reboot when finished

then log in with your ip address in browser:
111.222.333.444:8083