Hide My WP Ghost + Hestia

Hi,

I recently moved one of my WordPress websites to VPS running Hestia CP. But now the “Hide My WP Ghost” plugin is not functioning properly after enabling it and a single post is showing in a compact form like a mobile version.

I think because Hestia also uses Nginx along with the apache web server, so I wanted to add its config to the vhost.

include /home/user/web/www.example.com/hidemywp.conf;

But /etc/apache2/conf.d/domains/example.com.conf is showing that the change to that file is not permanent. So anywhere else I can add it?

Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

Regards,
T2B

You should clone the WordPress template, set a name for it and include hidemywp.conf into that template.

Then on the website you want to use Hidemywp, choose the template which you have created…

You can include like this /home/%user"/web/%domain%/hidemywp.conf; so this template can be use for any WP site where you installed hidemyghost

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by cloning the template? Is it in WordPress?

Could you please explain a bit more or provide to link to any resources?

2 Likes

You can see the template files from Eris post above.

If you use Nginx as the web server, the WordPress default template at here /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/nginx/php-fpm/

wordpress.tpl
wordpress.stpl

You can clone wordpress.stpl to wordpress.hidemyghost.stpl

Then add your .conf to wordpress.hidemyghost.stpl

Go to control panel, edit your domain and choose the template “wordpress.hidemyghost”

1 Like

Thank you, I will give it a try.

It is also possible to place a file called ngnx.conf_hidemywpgost with the config and have the config applied locally or server wide

can we confirm the spelling on the word gost?
the post title says ‘WP Ghost’

the nginx.conf says ngnx.conf_hidemywpgost (without the H)

I can google it, I just was wondering what WP Ghost is?

It was a typo.