How to install IONCUBE on different user

1 account hestia
a. user didik for www.dbeudbuwdw.com using php 8.2 it is ok
b. user amir for www.dneudnwid.com using php 8.2 it is ok
c. user didit for www.dnednww.com using php 8.2
d. user fahri for www.fneifnw.com using php 8.2
e. user cinta for www.cenine.com using php 8.2
f. user pakamir for www.cneeek.com this need php 7.4 and ioncube loader for premium theme reason ( this case i get problem )
“all domain above just for writing”

the problem is, after i setting php 7.4 for www.cneeek.com, the system need ioncube loader.
the spesific problem is , i still confused, where i have to copy file ioncube loader ?

actually i haved tried using this command : php -i | grep extension_dir
in many tutorial has learn that this MUST HAVE USE ROOT TO INSTALL IONCUBE, but if using root will be different when using user terminal

using root usr/lib/php/20220829
using user usr/lib/php/20190902

which i have choose to install ioncube loader

Screenshot 2023-12-29 072501
Screenshot 2023-12-29 072719

Hi @erwin,

You don’t install ioncuber per user but per php version.

If you execute this command from root and your user, you will see that php version is different and the extension_dir too:

php -i | grep -iE '^PHP Version|extension_dir'

/usr/lib/php/20220829 for php version 8.2
/usr/lib/php/20190902 for php version 7.4

Why don’t use ioncube installer to install it on all your php versions?

1 Like

i have look this URL Install Ioncube on Hestia | Hestia Control Panel

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jaapmarcus/ioncube-hestia-installer/main/install_ioncube.sh
chmod +x install_ioncube.sh
./install_ioncube.sh

where i use this command ? … in root terminal or in user terminal ?
after i make that command, is there another step like copy paste on php directory …
i mean … i have to copy some file to usr/lib/php … ??

because i look some tutorial … after we download ioncube loader… we have to copy files that has been download to /usr/lib/php/xxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxx is depend on the php version )

and get destination copy file , we have to kenow using this command (php -i | grep -iE ‘^PHP Version|extension_dir’ )

You must run the script as root and the installer copies the files to the right dirs and adds the right conf to php.

Keep in mind that if you already installed ioncube for php 8.2 and you will use the installer, you should remove the conf you did to /etc/php/8.2… files or you will get error loading php because od duplicated directives.

1. how to remove ? … is it enough just visit directory and delete or still need some installer aplication ?
  2. is it means that 1 account hestia , we just only have chance to install ONE IONCUBE LOADER to ONE PHP VERSION
  3. How to know the right dirs and the right conf php, infact to know the dir just using command php -i | grep -iE ‘^PHP Version|extension_dir’ , it means that only oen choice dir, the result of that command

i have just installed that command and appear this

this means that the php 8.2 …BUT MY NEED in user that suitable my website is needed php 7.4 with ioncube loader

That means that default php is php 8.2 and you are loading ioncube loader.

Execute this and you will see the info for php 7.4:
php7.4 -v

Show the output of this command:

grep -r ioncube_loader /etc/php/

Screenshot 2023-12-29 191207

yes i understand… so the key is “PER PHP VERSION”
so what is command in root, to know the right dir for destination copy in every php version ??

/usr/bin/php7.4 -v

Will work fine

still there some problem… i think because i already ioncube for php 8.2… how to remove … infact after look at file on all folder, it was there ioncube folder

here all folder there are so ioncube louder file, depend on php version

Screenshot 2023-12-30 074203

Show the output of this command (please, copy/paste the text, don’t make an screenshot):

grep -r ioncube_loader /etc/php/

/etc/php/8.1/cli/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_8.1.so
/etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_8.1.so
/etc/php/7.3/cli/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.3.so
/etc/php/7.3/fpm/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.3.so
/etc/php/8.2/cli/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_8.2.so
/etc/php/8.2/fpm/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_8.2.so
/etc/php/7.4/cli/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so
/etc/php/7.4/fpm/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so
/etc/php/5.6/cli/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_5.6.so
/etc/php/5.6/fpm/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_5.6.so
/etc/php/7.1/cli/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.1.so
/etc/php/7.1/fpm/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.1.so
/etc/php/7.2/cli/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so
/etc/php/7.2/fpm/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so
/etc/php/7.0/cli/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so
/etc/php/7.0/fpm/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini:zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so
root@ns1:~#

Ok, all looks good.

Show these commands:

php -v
php7.4 -v
root@ns1:~# php -v
PHP 8.2.14 (cli) (built: Dec 21 2023 20:19:50) (NTS)
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v4.2.14, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v13.0.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2023, by ionCube Ltd.
    with Zend OPcache v8.2.14, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies
root@ns1:~# php7.4 -v
PHP 7.4.33 (cli) (built: Sep  2 2023 08:03:46) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader + ionCube24 v13.0.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2023, by ionCube Ltd.
    with Zend OPcache v7.4.33, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

Ok, it is loading ioncube for php8.2 and php7.4, what is the issue you are having?

in every i change template, appear this er http erorr 500, and seller develop my template premium said that if appear erorr 500, it means that php version still no on 7.4 because this template is suitable just for 7.4 php version

Check whether it is really using php version 7.4.

Create a file check_version.php in /home/HereYourUser/web/HereYourDomain/public_html/ with this content:

<?php echo PHP_VERSION;

Now use your browser to access the url http://yourdomain.tld/check_version.php or from command line:

curl -kL http://yourdomain.tld/check_version.php