I can't install nextcloud

I can’t install netxcloud, it always gives me a Gateway Timeout error

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.
I have put the connection data to the database and create the tables but suddenly this error pops up.

I have expanded:
max_execution_time, max_input_time, etc … as recommended by nextcloud and in vestacp it could perfectly

This problem also happens to me when importing a database.

What should I do?

Change the time out of Apache2.

By default Hestia uses FPM instead modphp

You mean in the general configuration of apache2 or where do I change it and what do I put?

currently I have modified these parameters to:
max_execution_time 3600 and max_input_time 3600

Those are for php you will need to modify the Apache config / Nginx

I have set the values to 300s and it does not work, always error 504 gateway!

What values of both php and NGINX do I have to set? Has someone managed to install it? what values does it have?

It is essential for me that it works!

Have it working here, using apache2+nginx default stack, nothing special, copied the source code in public_html and followed the installation guide. Mostly https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/20/admin_manual/installation/source_installation.html#prerequisites-for-manual-installation should give you all informations you need.

If I have followed that guide and it does not put values to put, in vestacp I had never touched these values and it has always worked, it is with hestiacp that it fails me

I have tried a clean install of vestacp and it works fine
Please help, without this I cannot complete my migration to hestiacp

I just tried a fresh installation of nextlcoud, basicly just running it on a ubuntu 18.04 with apache2+nginx+fpm stack, pointed the web domain to use php7.4. I now removed all files in public_html, downloaded the nextcloud source code and runned the installer, added database credentials and done:

I’m not able to reproduce your issue, nextcloud v20 works fine with hestia.

1 Like

Good for you but with debian 10 and the default settings do not work well, can you do a test with debian 10?

It doesn’t work for me and what’s more, I have migrated a nexcloud that has worked but when doing an update from nexcloud it has been left half and the same gateway error appears

Usualy, I would say “no” - just because of the “good for you” - but hey, I got a good day, here we go:

Freshly installed hestia 1.2.4 on debian 10, 6 minutes uptime. This time i skipped the additional packages part and run it under admin user (NEVER do this!), just to speed up the things a bit. Installation went trough without any issue.

Probaly you want to adjust the timeouts or use their command line tool for the upgrade process, which would be probaly the better way: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/20/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html

So just to confirm once again: Nextcloud is working properly on a fresh installed Hestia v1.2.4 with default stack/settings.

I had a issue when installing the database. How ever after reload it was fine.

Maybe change

Timeout 30
KeepAlive Off
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 10

Keep alive time is quite short on default maybe in those cases increase it to 30

you mean mariadb, apache2 or NGINX configuration?

My config
apache:
max_execution_time: 3600
max_input_time: 3600
memory_limit: 512
post_max_size: 16G
upload_max_filesize: 16G

NGINX:
worker_processes: auto
worker_connections: 1024
client_max_body_size: 256m
send_timeout: 60s
proxy_connect_timeout: 30s
proxy_send_timeout: 180s
proxy_read_timeout: 300s
gzip: on
gzip_comp_level: 6
charset: utf-8

MARIADB
max_connections: 200
max_user_connections: 50
wait_timeout: 10
interactive_timeout: 50
max_allowed_packet: 32M

apache:
max_execution_time: 3600
max_input_time: 3600
memory_limit: 512
post_max_size: 16G
upload_max_filesize: 16G

Al those settings are for PHP…

It’s how I have it today …
I will reassemble everything hestiacp to verify that it is not my error. I’ll give it one last chance :pensive: