Install HestiaCP - Config?

Good day! I want to install Hestia.cp 1.6 on a server with ubuntu 22.04. Could you share your config lines for installing the panel? Screenshot, I’ll attach what I’m interested in.

sudo bash hst-install.sh --apache yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp no --vsftpd yes --proftpd no --named yes --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim yes --dovecot no --sieve no --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota no --api yes --interactive yes --with-debs no --port ‘8083’ --hostname ‘bisobublu.beget.app’ --email ‘[email protected]’ --password ‘xxxx’ --lang ‘ru’ --force

Does the host line indicate the domain?
I tried to install the panel without --force, it doesn’t work, it gives an error - error user admin exists. I use it as a mailer biz.mail.ru (no ads)

Try using -f instead

If you want to do dis string just use:

hst-install.sh --dovecot no --clamav no --spamassassin no --port 8083 --hostname your.hostname.com --email ‘[email protected]’ --password ‘xxxx’ --lang ‘ru’ -f

2 Likes

What has changed here? And why is “- force” needed at all - why does the server swear without it? You suggested to use “-f” what does that mean? I can not call myself an experienced Linux user, in connection with this, such elementary questions arise, I hope for your understanding.

Help me?

Without being a linux user, its realy hard to have a server on your own.

The string is basicly self explaining, -f isnt needed, expect you had already tried to install hestia and you know what you’re doing. You’re free to remove -f from your install string.

Hey homie I love hestiacp more than any other software ever invented. I’ve got 8 machines running hestiacp right now. I’ve setup hestiacp and vestaCp literally about 200 times in the last twenty years. (I can’t remember how long it’s been ). If you want some basic pointers. I’d start with going to servermom.org and search for vestaCp. Don’t actually DO what she said but read it all.

I’d be glad to help you get this stuff setup. I’m a complete novice compared to these guys, but I’d be glad to help.

I can offer you 1-10 hours of help for free. I don’t give a shit I’ve been underemployed for 7 years. I run about 300 WordPress websites but it’s the LEAST lucrative thing I have ever done in my life.

At this point I would offer to give you my phone number or email address. But in Reddit land that’s called self-doxxing and I’d get banned for even JOKING about posting my own phone number or email address on ANY reddit property. It’s ridiculous.

Reddit doesn’t REALLY care about doxxing. It’s just a strategy to keep their people ON reddit exclusively. It works pretty well, those idiots all drink the Kool-aid.

Again I’d be glad to give you 1-10 hours free support. I’m sure in ten minutes we can get you server up and running (unless you’re doing something stupid like trying to run hestiacp on a GoDaddy shared hosting account)

My only disclaimers

• I don’t like hopping around from 15 different programs from johnny on Whatsapp to Susan on Facebook to Marcia on LinkedIn.
  • I don’t LIKE using LinkedIn. But I think I can ALMOST post a linkedin URL without being banned for self doxxing.
  • my response time on LinkedIn might take 1-30 days the first time. Then we can exchange email and or phone numbers
  • I’m on Pacific time zone. I’m kindof a night owl. And I don’t work 40 hours a week for anyone. So I don’t forecast 9-5 in one session helping you (or anyone else )
  • my phone number is gonna disappear for good in about 30 days when I move from one end of the property to the other
  • im on a landline and I have a different phone number for text messages. If you can’t use one number for calls and one for texts, I can’t help you
  • at all times everything we do is proper and above the board. I’ll be glad to email / screenshot any scripts we use. I’m personally prone to using plain text passwords. It’s your job to NOT share those passwords with other people.
  • I can’t guarantee the hours commitment now or in the future.
  • I might smoke cigarettes, and often swear.
  • in the past I smoked a lot of weed and I even partied harder than that sometimes. Not now, i am straight edge .

Those are my terms. Take it or leave it
And if it’s WAY too much information I apologize. But I’m 48 years old and I’m a straight shooter most of the time

hopefully someone can verify whether hestiacp.com has policies against ‘self doxxing’. I hate to be a smart ass but I’m not gonna risk getting banned from this website

Aaron Kempf
Microsoft Certified IT Professional DBA
509-###-#### phone number usually goes here
https://LinkedIn.com/in/aaronkempf

And of course I take pizza breaks at least a couple of times a day. And I’m diabetic. So if I ever seem or sound like some sort of space cadet, tell me to go eat some sugar.

#cheers

Hello, I don’t think I will take much of your time, I just need to sort out the config line when installing the panel. Could we get in touch in a private message on the forum we’re on right now?

Good day! I figured out the configuration line, but I have only one question left. Why do I need to use “-f” when installing a panel? (i.e. forced installation), if it is not used, an “error user admin exists” error occurs. I install the panel on a clean server ubuntu 22.04

Probaly a user “admin” exists, maybe due to the template. You can delete it using userdel admin.

1 Like

Strange, my server is clean. Well, if I use forced installation to bypass this error, I will not have problems in the future?

As written, probaly there is an existing admin user from the used install image. Try to run userdel as described above and -f shouldnt be needed.

1 Like

hi
–clamav no --spamassassin no will disable then
or prevent their installation?

Will prevent the installation of both services

1 Like

The -f is needed because Hestia creates a user called admin and that user already exists on Ubuntu. You need to force Hestia to continue installing in spite of the presence of the admin user.

Can’t confirm that one, fresh iso install of ubuntu server 22.04 lts doesnt create an admin user - just did one today :slight_smile:.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.