Internal Server Error after updating

Hello, I receive the following message on all my sites and webmail after the update, I need urgent help please.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Same problem, affected all domains and webmail

As a temporal quick fix you can try to add

<Directory />
    AllowOverride ALL
</Directory>

or (both works)

<Directory />
    AllowOverride none 
</Directory>

to the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf (and restart Apache)

But this only works if you use apache2. With me, the problem also occurred and I have now brought my domains to run. Only the webmail domain does not work.

Thank you very much, your temporary solution works, although it does not work for webmail but at least it works for websites.

I faced same issue!

You are on Nginx? and please share screenshot as well please

Yes, with nginx as a proxy, but adding the following in Apache as ww7 said works:

<Directory />
    AllowOverride ALL
</Directory>

It works only for websites, I still don’t know how to solve webmail access.

share the screenshot of error and logs as well

I to have this error on all my domains

<Directory />
    AllowOverride ALL
</Directory>

This temporarily fixed the issue I hope this is sorted soon.

On mine setup it also fixed webmail.

I stood up a new server, and did a backup / restore before reading this.

Fresh server is working fine. An apache2.conf edit would have been easier :frowning:

This is how I fixed webmail.

SOLUTION:

Add the following code to the file /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and then restart apache. (from the console or from hestia)
If you use the Nginx proxy it also works.

<Directory />
    AllowOverride ALL
</Directory>

Or also:

<Directory />
    AllowOverride none
</Directory>

If you use Webmail with Snappymail you can solve the problem by running the following command in the console to change the permissions:

chown -R hestiamail:www-data /etc/snappymail/data

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.