Mail send and receive failed

Hi all
I set up a website in AWS. Debian 11 in arm processor. Install update and upgrade. Then I install hestiacp. Open these ports(53,8090,110,587,443,25,8083,465,22,995,21,80,993,143,40110 - 40210).
Put (mail, webmail, _dmarc, mail._domainkey, _domainkey) In namechip custom dns records. I associate an elastic IP as well.
Yet no email going out or coming in.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

AWS blocks port 25 by default

Cloudflare ?

I have opened 25 port. No cloudflare.

Just hestia and Namechip.

For outgoing email:

Run: telnet mail.hestiacp.com 25

And see if there is a response. So far I know Aws blocks by default port 25 for outgoing email

It sounds like you have set up your website and email server correctly, but you may be experiencing some issues with your DNS configuration. Here are a few things you can check to troubleshoot the problem:

1.Make sure the DNS records you added are correct and match the domain name of your website and email server. DNS records are used to route traffic to your website and email server, so if the records are incorrect, your visitors and email clients will not be able to find your server.

2.Check the DNS propagation. When you update your DNS records, it can take some time for the changes to propagate across the internet. This process, known as DNS propagation, can take up to 48 hours, but it usually happens much faster. During this time, your website and email server may not be accessible.

3.Check your email server logs. Your email server should generate logs that can help you identify any issues with sending or receiving emails. These logs may include information about rejected or bounced emails, as well as any errors or warnings generated by the server.

4.Check your email server configuration. Make sure your email server is configured to use the correct hostname, domain name, and IP address. Also, check that the server is listening on the correct ports for incoming and outgoing email.

5.Check your firewall and security settings. Make sure the ports you opened are not being blocked by your firewall or security software. Also, check that your server is not being flagged as a spam source, which could prevent your emails from being delivered.

I hope this helps. If you are still experiencing issues with your email server, you may want to consult with a qualified IT professional who can help you troubleshoot the problem.

1 Like

Trying 116.203.78.202…
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out

This is the output I got. But I open port 25 in the security group.

Nut For 587 and 465 got
telnet mail.hestiacp.com 587

Trying 116.203.78.202…
Connected to mail.hestiacp.com.
Escape character is ‘^]’.
220 web02. hestiacp. com

Thanks for your reply. I have created a user and copied all created DNS values to namechip. Gmail not telling me mail has not been delivered or roundbox also not telling me an error occurred.

So outgoing mail has been blocked. You will need to use Amazon SES. You can set it up globally or at mail domain

Ok, How about 465 and 587. They seem to be connected. mail.hestiacp com

Port 587 and 465 can’t used for comunications between servers. You will need to use a smtp relay for it.

If I use an SMTP relay. Can they send and receive emails?

Send only

Recieving is something different

So how can I receive? Share the process plz.

Run from a different server:

telnet mail.domain.com 25

And it should repose with helo hostname.com

If I use AWS SES. This should not be a problem. Right?

No for receiving email you should be able to reach the server.

If you are able to send a email to an email hosted on your server you should be able to see the logs.

Yes I can send mail, thanks to you. How can I receive mail?
How can I see log file?

Check /var/log/exim/maillog

It says no such location. But in hestia panel log says nothing at all. Smtp tester says “Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banne”

/var/log/exim4/mainlog exist.