We want to know, which component configuration do you install on your servers?
- I just use the default settings
- I don’t install Apache2
- I don’t install incoming mail (dovecot)
- I don’t install outgoing mail (exim)
- I don’t install (or disable) webmail
- I don’t install DNS (bind)
- I don’t install Database (MariaDB)
- I don’t install FTP (Vsftpd)
- [Optional Component] I install ProFTPd
- [Optional Component] I install MySQL 8
Let us know your exact configuration and the reason for your choice in the comments.
I am not a fan of clam av as it uses too much RAM.
–nginx yes, yes, yes!
default for me with multiphp, quota, and file manager (never had it working "unknown error)
Yes, clam wastes a lot of RAM. Also, computer viruses are dead as floppy disks (that used to spread viruses) are dead.
bash hst-install.sh --apache no --multiphp yes --vsftpd no --named no --dovecot no --clamav no --spamassassin no --interactive no --force
[config request] --nginx no
yes, clamav takes a lot of ram but i think anti virus must be run at the end user level not server level.