Hello i installed hours ago hestia 1.1.0 in debian 10 using this steps

############################################################
# Clean install Hestia from latest master or local changes #
############################################################
SRCDIR='/home/debian'

cd $SRCDIR
git clone https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp.git
cd hestiacp

# After we are done editing we build hestia deb packages (dst dir: /tmp/hestiacp-src/debs/)
sudo $SRCDIR/hestiacp/src/hst_autocompile.sh --hestia "~localsrc" no

# And now we will install Hestia with our freshly compiled debs instead of the ones from the official repo
# - This flag "--with-debs" will instruct the installer where look for Hestia packages
sudo su -
/home/debian/hestiacp/install/hst-install-debian.sh --with-debs /tmp/hestiacp-src/debs/ --force --apache yes --nginx yes --multiphp yes

Eveything is running without issues and i will start using it in production, so now my question is this “testing” installation cannot receive automatic updates? (updating from hestia panel or cron).
If not, what i have to do in case a new update is released to apply it in my installation?

1 Like

Infact you’re “already” on 1.1.0, you will not get a update after the release. You could simply repeate the deb installation or run apt install --reinstall hestia to get the latest version (do it only AFTER the release of 1.1.0).

If there is a hotfix release (for example 1.1.1), you will get it over autoupdate.

1 Like

Hi again,

I’m still playing with DEBIAN 10 / HST 1.1.0 and i found something i’m not sure how to handle.
I’ve set a couple of cronjobs from HST and are working fine. The only issue i get is about CRON notifications. Seems are running not with the cron user i set in HST because i get this mail notification every time cron is triggered :

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.
#2) Think before you type.
#3) With great power comes great responsibility.

sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

So i tried to turn off cron notification from HST and all the emails now are marked as frozen and still in exim mail queue.

My question is : Is it normal that crons send everytime the above notification? If yes, it sounds as permission problem.

Secondly, can HST avoid to keep frozen messages in EXIM queue and force to delete it manually?

Thank you again for your super work and sorry if i miss something. I’m not reading all the forum topics :slight_smile:

Cheers

Any ETA time to release 1.1.0 official version?.
I need install new hestiacp waiting for 1.1.0 official release.

Within a few days, we finish the last testing steps for Debian on our side, Ubuntu seems to working properly.

@Ubi, please open a new thread, this is not related to the upgrade procedure or the new version of hestia.

I found the issue with slow install time today in my post above, I did not setup the resolv.conf with external ip’s and used providers resolvers so install again today was under 15-20min using public DNS servers

So before install must remember to check resolv.conf and set to something like Google public DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or Cloudflare public DNS 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 :+1:

DNS usualy doesnt take seconds or minutes to lookup a record. Sounds like your provider seems to have a issue or points you to different servers, both things are a bit weird :smiley:. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

12 posts were split to a new topic: Changes to php settings via GUI not applied to php.ini

Hi,

Question this is only for update 1.0.6 or i can install from scrach 1.1.0

wget https://apt.hestiacp.com/beta/hestia_1.1.0_amd64.deb
dpkg -i hestia_1.1.0_amd64.deb
apt install -f

Error installing Hestia 1.0.6 on Ubuntu 18.04

Welcome to the Hestia Control Panel installer!

Please wait a moment while we update your system’s repositories and
install any necessary dependencies required to proceed with the installation…

!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

WARNING: The following packages are already installed
ufw* hestia*

It is highly recommended that you remove them before proceeding.

!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

Would you like to remove the conflicting packages? [y/n] y
E: Unable to locate package hestia_1.1.0_amd64.deb
E: Couldn’t find any package by glob ‘hestia_1.1.0_amd64.deb’
E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘hestia_1.1.0_amd64.deb’
Error: apt-get remove failed
root@vmi314606:~#

@mmgnservices for new installs, please have a look here: https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/issues/568#issuecomment-521086717

Hi guys,
any chanche you release v. 1.1.0 this weekend?
Thanks

no, we currently prepare the docs due to importantly needed informations for migration steps. The release should be around next week.

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Some Bugs after Upgrade to 1.1.0

I just ran “dpkg -i hestia_1.1.0_amd64.deb” on a fresh installation of Debian 10.3.0 and got the following:

Unpacking hestia (1.1.0) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of hestia:
 hestia depends on acl; however:
  Package acl is not installed.
 hestia depends on sysstat; however:
  Package sysstat is not installed.
dpkg: error processing package hestia (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
 hestia

And if I try to install those two dependencies I get the following:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 sysstat : Depends: libsensors5 (>= 1:3.5.0) but it is not going to be installed

Any ideas before I try to troubleshoot?
Thanks

did you run

apt install -f

afterwards or did you eventually specify the missing packages individually or omitting the force command?

DOH!!! Hahaha! No, I hadn’t even look at the next line since that dpkg line had given the errors—it didn’t occur to me that that was normal :slight_smile: . That did the trick.
Thanks! :crazy_face:

1 Like

To all who helped out testing the beta version of Hestia: Thank you for your awesome work, 1.1.0 has been released!

Due to changes of the version, please install the new gpu key (https://forum.hestiacp.com/t/hestia-1-1-0-released) and use apt to reinstall the package:

apt-get update && apt-get install --reinstall hestia

2 Likes