Release data for version Ver 1.1

Yes correct.
if you want i can give access on private to my hestia

That’s not needed, but thanks for the offer! I’ll get that checked together with @Lupu, thanks for pointing us to it.

OK i check the change log and this version dont will include File manager that is True?

Thats true, file manager needs more development, so it has been excluded that we can ship 1.1.0.

That’s true and the use case, the installer for version 1.1 has been modified. We already have found the issue, why the checkboxes arent visible and working on a fix.

ok letme know when it are fixed then i can check

problem fixed any update?

fix is still in work, you’ll be updated as soon as it is finished.

Fix should be finished, please run the follow commands:
wget https://apt.hestiacp.com/beta/hestia_1.1.0_amd64.deb
dpkg -i hestia_1.1.0_amd64.deb
bash $HESTIA/install/upgrade/manual/migrate_apache.sh

It will upgrade your system to the last deb release canditate version, with the last line you will trigger the migration script to fpm, which will automatically enable multiphp in backend.

1 Like

let me capture this thread to tag a few more users in here, to see if they still run Hestia and might want to help with testing for the upcoming 1.1 release, which is now close :wink:

@Wibol @martineliascz @Felix @viperzero @daffyy @dyrer @aubrey @ram108 @Amney @itsolon @salnz @crarchile

please let us know if you still use Hestia and if you have the time (and knowledge) to test the release candidate. though… maybe don’t use your production systems for tests just yet :sweat_smile:

also eager to see if we already have something like a small community that’s willing to push the project a bit :thinking:

2 Likes

Hello guys,
I need your help to test this beta
I got this during install

after that I installed dependencies and i did apt install -f
but nothing happened, Am I missing something?

1 Like

Please give us more informations, apt install -f should install you the missing package and starts the migration step. Or do you install it on a new system? This steps are for upgrade a existing system.

Felix reporting for duty! :smiley:

I would love to test drive the new release. Do you have any specific use cases you’d like us to test? Like upgrade an existing system, install from scratch? (I’ll most probably give it a spin on a newly created VPS) Or specific parts of the software, like UI, services whatever?

What should we do if we find issues? Report here or github?

1 Like

Hi Felix

Basicly we would like to test the upgrade of existing systems and if all parts are working properly after that. For this, you just can use the steps written above to download and install the release candidate deb package. But be warned, it still may have bugs in it, even when I upgraded all my systems already to 1.1.0.

Also a special part would be the default installed systems with apache and nginx, if you want to enable the new multiphp functionality, you would need to run the following command:
bash $HESTIA/install/upgrade/manual/migrate_apache.sh

If you would like also to test the whole installation, please checkout this steps: https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/issues/568#issuecomment-521086717

Please report all issues you find to github, it makes us easy to track them down.

Thanks for your help! Please let me know if you have any questions.

@dyrer @Felix - hey guys, thanks for chiming in!

just to recap, this is what should be run to upgrade:

wget https://apt.hestiacp.com/beta/hestia_1.1.0_amd64.deb
apt install -f

and yes after the second command you’ll see an error message about missing depencies like the one @dyrer just shared.

apt install -f should solve that and ideally you’ll see something like that then:

1 Like

does apt give you any message in return? from the screenshot it says sysstat and setpriv are missing. if you installed them seperately, usually the hestia deb will also be installed/configured in one go as soon as the dependency issues are solved. so ‘another’ apt install -f won’t do anything extra :wink:

maybe check if you already are on 1.1. then …

The same as @falzo

1 Like

It’s cool to see that the Hestia CP project is moving further!

However as I have quite customized Hestia CP to meet my/clients’ needs, I am pretty sure the upgrade will fail. Will have to alter deb pkg/sh script anyway not to spoil/replace any existing configs…

Will let you know in 3 weeks once I am more free & manage to find some time for upgrade & fixing possible bugs.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi,

i have allready installed ver 1.1.0 but when try run $HESTIA/install/upgrade/manual/migrate_apache.sh
Bashi file or directory not found.

into /usr/local/hestia/install/upgrade/manual i can see only this two files:

migrate_multiphp.sh upgrade_mariadb.sh

I just downloaded and checked the .deb archive and the migrate_apache script is definitely there, make sure you have the deb built today:

rm hestia_1.1.0_amd64.deb
wget -N https://apt.hestiacp.com/beta/hestia_1.1.0_amd64.deb
apt install setpriv

On your second question, WebApps installer is a brand new functionality and indeed there are currently 5 apps implemented at this moment:

• Wordpress
  • Prestashop
  • Opencart
  • Laravel
  • Symfony

The remaining ones will get implemented during the next development cycle after we get some feedback from our users.