Set up SMTP to receive HestiaCP server's internal email

Hi,

I would like to set up SMTP on my server to receive server internal messages but confused on how to go about doing it.

Setting up SMTP relay
There is a “Global SMTP relay” in Admin settings which I have already configured. Then, I read the documentation (Email and mail server — Hestia Control Panel documentation) that I need to go to /usr/local/hestia/install/upgrade/manual/ to run the configure-server-smtp.sh script.

So, which one should I configure? Will there be conflicts if I configure both?

Receiving server emails
To receive the server emails, I assume that I need to set up the mail server as there is no option to send it elsewhere. As I have 2 accounts in the server, Admin and User, I do not know which account to use for the mail server. My confusion is that I’m not sure whether server emails for the Admin account will be delivered to the mail server in the User account or they can be delivered any mail server set up within the server?

Then, under the “Add Mail Domain”, there is another option for SMTP Relay. Do I need to configure this as well or is the “Global SMTP Relay” sufficient?

Test emails
How do I send test server emails to see if the configuration is working?

You need to configure both.

One is for the internal mail in the panel and the second one if for all email via exim. Probably the last one is enough.

Then, under the “Add Mail Domain”, there is another option for SMTP Relay. Do I need to configure this as well or is the “Global SMTP Relay” sufficient?

Global SMTP relay is sufficient how ever you need all domain to autorize as mail sending domains.

By default the email adress provided in the admin user is used for it.

Send a mail via webmail or over smtp

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.