Thanks for supporting Apache & Nginx (not Litespeed)

I came to say thank you for HestiaCP supporting open source community web servers, that is Apache and Nginx specifically. I saw the Litespeed trolls came here to criticize you…

Not only did Hestia become open source but also supporting other open source servers. That is exactly how the community can integrate with each other.

Something like Cyberpanel only focused on Litespeed and now they are b*tch of Litespeed and trying to sell affiliate premium licenses… that will just destroy your ethics and reputation so fast.

In the other thread the trolls are linking to the same fake benchmark that Redditors already exposed was secretly published by Litespeed Technologies with FastCGI cache disabled on the Nginx server to make the performance seem horrible… incredibly dishonest…

cPanel (Oakley) already acquired Plesk… what happens if they acquire more like DirectAdmin? The internet is getting less options than before when talking about open source.

We are lucky to have ethical projects like Hestia that value open source and transparency, and not only caring about secret agreements with Litespeed for $$$

11 Likes

I came to say its super dissapointing Hestia devs seem unwilling to admit they were wrong about Litespeed and are allowing their pride to get in the way of progress.

My history with Nginx and Litespeed: I initially chose Nginx over Litespeed. With nginx pages would load fast and fine and browsing the site was smooth and snappy, but streaming video was AWFUL. On a high traffic site videos would buffer forever and once they finally decided to play were laggy as hell.

I spent 2 frustration filled weeks installing different modules and tweaking .conf files… could not get it working anywhere close to my satisfaction, it was basically unusable.

So, I decided to reboot: wiped the server and started over with Litespeed. Video streaming worked perfectly out of the box, didn’t have to change a single setting, install any modules, or tweak any conf files.

And that’s it. That’s the sole reason I’m going with litespeed over Nginx. Never looked at a single “fake” benchmark test, just had experience with both and for me, Litespeed is the much much better option.

And this whole litespeed vs Apache / nginx propaganda war is ridiculous.

HestiaCP is opensource be happy as it is is or don’t use it.

We work for free on this project so please don’t tell where we have to work on.

7 Likes