Webmail domain -> Static "Success!" page

Hello Forum,
I’ve run into a problem on my Hestia server, which I hope you can shred some light on.

After installing Hestia, everything was working fine, but I noticed I didn’t have an SSL certificate for my “webmail” subdomain, used when checking Roundcube.
So I figured the sensible thing to do, would be to create a subdomain on my account, and use the “webmail” as the name, to get an SSL cert via certbot.

However, looking back, this probably wasn’t a smart idea, as when I went to visit the webmail.domain.com, I was redirected to the static “Coming Soon” page, used when you create new subdomains.

I panicked, and quickly deleted the subdomain “webmail”, but now it’s stuck on “Success! Your new web server is ready to use.” page.

This means I cannot use Roundcube for any email accounts, as they all redirect me through webmail.domain.com
The forwarding rules I set up still work, but I really need access to the roundcube interface for sending emails.
Hopefully someone in here can help me sort this, and if I could get a little help on getting an SSL cert for the real webmail domain, it would be appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance!

v-add-sys-webmail user domain probally

1 Like

Thanks, can you clarify a bit further please?

user being the username of an account?
I assumed the webmail.doma.in would automatically be set to the domain the email account is registered to?
And the same goes for the domain in your command.

I really appreciate you trying to help though.
Just might need to go into a bit further details for me to fully understand.

Once again, thank you in advance.

https://docs.hestiacp.com/cli_commands/commands.html#v-add-sys-webmail

1 Like

Or check here Without access to RoundCube on webmail.domain.tld

1 Like

This looks like exactly what I’m looking for.

Sorry for not finding it, I actually did search for previous topics, but was unable to find anything.

Thanks guys!

With the release of 1.4.0 it will be come more accessable via the Web GUI

1 Like

Sorry to bring back attention, but unfortunately I’ve run into another issue with the posted solution.

Whenever I run v-delete-sys-webmail in terminal, I get “command not found”.
Same goes for v-delete-sys-webmail.
Running the command as root or with sudo made no difference.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

use the full path

Or add

if [ "${PATH#*/usr/local/hestia/bin*}" = "$PATH" ]; then
    . /etc/profile.d/hestia.sh
fi

to ~/.bashrc and then reload the session

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.