Webmail interface "An internal error has occurred"

don’t you know how to use the mlocate install?
apt install mlocate
updatedb
locate .log

Good friend aaronkempf
Please let me know in more detail
I was the director
And I understood the thoughts of my people
And I realized one day
Who did not love will not understand
And so whoever loves life is a good lover
And who is a good lover loves life well
And that luck smiles

I’m a little confused because I installed the panel on a NEW server and caught this problem with this roundcube

I have a mental disorder now and a very strong desire to solve the problem

1. Please talk English I am not going to moderate Russain.
  2. Respect use. We invest a lot of time in this project and you can’t expect use to provide use free support. We also humans and every thing we do is provided for free. It was also possible for me to ignore you.

So far you haven’t provided anything regarding your set / what version you are using.

If it happens during/after a clean install please provide the installation string so we are able to debug / replicate on our testing servers. As told I am not going to debug on any other servers and I am out of ideas what can be wrong with the information provided…

It was not Russian but Hebrew :slight_smile:

Please, deeply sorry, the measure of respect for you is limitless
You must understand this, your work is greatly appreciated, because this is a very necessary project for people
A lot of respect a lot of respect a lot of respect

It was also possible for me to ignore you.

Please forgive me and be so kind
We use your product very deeply and your will to ignore me will make you feel like having a heart attack.
Your will is stronger
You made me small and helpless
At least show me that power

I’m sorry, I’m already afraid to stumble and give the impression of insecurity, could you give a hint
What needs to be reported?

I already said that I went to the site and by using the script created an installation on a new server

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/release/install/hst-install.sh

Please, do not spare me one minute of your time, specify what data I could still present to you in order to head this problem in more detail.
Sorry

I can add if it is interesting to the community.
When the panel was installed, there was an error starting СlamAV
It was such a thing with the launch that when checking the system city, a message appeared about the absence of files.

For now, we will deliberately keep silent about the details of which files we are talking about.
We studied the СlamAV website and it turned out that downloading the database is now prohibited.
And for some reason our site was banned.
So we relaxed our hands for a few days, and in the last couple of days, everything worked on its own.

This I tell you to your question, what we did, with what installation and provide details. in details

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/release/install/hst-install.sh

Only downloads the installer script:

What command was used to install Hestia?

bash hst-install.sh --php-fpm no for example. This will allow use to test what is going wrong.

I have tried Nginx + Apache2 + modphp to day and had no issues Roundcube is loading fine

Both Nginx + PHP-FPM and Nginx + Apache2 + FPM are tested a lot due testing for other setups and new feature and wasn’t able to find any issue aswell.

I use the official guidelines, as provided below, according to the instructions
Here is the command

bash hst-install.sh

Further, the installation lasts about 5 minutes, then the password to the panel is reported and reboot
And it’s all

I understand that everything is fine with you,
Everything is going smoothly for me too, I install the panel on two servers at once.
Then one everything goes well, and the other goes through, and the settings menu displays the stop of the СlamAV service
And once again I will say that out of two installations, one server has become such.
When we began to check the systemctl status clamav-daemon, it turned out that there was a message from the ClamAV server that our site was in the spam block.
And this block is removed once a day

And for some reason it was like this with this installation on this server.
Some time later, СlamAV itself received the status of Launched

Hello guys!
In the course of researching my problem, news came out.
This is the first time this has happened to me so I’ll take your advice.

The following error message was found in the Apache log file:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /var/lib/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/bootstrap.php:86\nStack trace:\n#0

So this message is possibly the result of php mbstring extension

What I checked.
The php version in the system correctly loads the mbstring module with default settings

Just the standard way to re-configure a roundcube return an error:
dpkg-reconfigure roundcube
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: roundcube is broken or not fully installed

Dear colleagues, tell me please.

My client still turns out to be broken or you need to look in another direction.

Thank you all for your attention to my question.
With respect and best wishes

Just read the thread from the top down and couldnt stop laughing orgasms using hestia wow that great.

Any how…
What os are you installing on? I had some issues with debain so switched to ubuntu and most of the issues went away.

I also knowtest that sometime when installing the mails wouldnt work as needed ie send and recieve so i reinstalled and all worked fine.

I think the issues in where having was that some of the files when downloading became corrupt or it couldnt find distro’s, seems to happen evety now and then, i host on my home lab to learn about hestia (if i ever get time these days).

Ok in short, try reinstalling, using a minimal os install and if it doesnt work again try a different os like i said above, it worked for me

I understand that some files were not installed. Some loadable script. Therefore, a php error occurs, a call to an undefined function.
that is, this function must be defined before in the included script.
And that goes for bootstrap.

Dear colleague advised to use the roundcube manual update script
But the result of running this script is deleting 26 files.

And now the standard roundcube reconfiguration tools return a message about a corrupted installation.

Here, there is only one question, dear colleagues, who can tell me.

How to run the setup script to reinstall the Roundcube component.

In general, I really like the tool, I am a website developer, and I work more with creating a semantic core and design than bringing up program code.

Therefore, I know the basic knowledge of administration and so far this has been enough.
This requires specific knowledge.

The panel is now a very precious gift, as the cost of the monthly rent of other VPS options reaches the cost of renting resources.

I want to create a community in the Russian-speaking segment and promote this precious tool, give it to people who, like me, honestly work every day and earn barely a monthly living wage. And believe me, there are a lot of these people, very smart and creative,
this wonderful tool that can solve such everyday tasks.

I really respect the work of developers, I understand that they spend their time and effort, I hope to join donations to voluntary contributions for sincere gratitude.

Now it is extremely iron for me to know the cause of this bug in order to be ready for problems when they arise and solve them in the community.

apt-get --reinstall install round-cube

Will reinstall the package. How ever as told we have decide to “download” directly from upstream in 1.4.0 so it not necessary to install it from the package anymore.

As it was a new install unless you tried to install an older version it should be not needed

See changelog form over 1 year ago.

[1.4.0] - Major Release (Feature / Quality Update)

• NOTE: Manual upgrade scripts are available to update Roundcube, Rainloop and PHPmyadmin to the last version they can be found in /usr/local/hestia/install/upgrade/manual/

So I don’t know why it was required to install Roundcube over apt. As it might require Changes on config from our side as Roundcube probally changes permissions and so on.

The script I pointed you to did the following things:

It removes the packages installed by RC
apt-get autoremove roundcube-core roundcube-mysql roundcube-plugins

And then runs v-add-sys-roundcube that will be used also for installing any updates. After that roundcube should be working as intended.

Hello, friends
I hasten to tell what actions the script produced.

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package round-cube

I have a question:
is it necessary to use the script exactly like this round-cube
The question is because when the script is run, a message is returned that the package was not found.

Then I run the script like this
apt-get --reinstall install roundcube

This produces the effect of the action, but aborts with an error stating that the previous installation failed with an error

dpkg: error processing package roundcube-core (--configure):
 installed roundcube-core package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Setting up node-jquery (3.4.0+dfsg-1) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of roundcube:
 roundcube depends on roundcube-core (= 1.4.3+dfsg.1-1); however:
  Package roundcube-core is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package roundcube (--configure):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
                                                                                                          Processing triggers for fontconfig (2.13.1-2ubuntu3) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.9) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 roundcube-core
 roundcube
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

In general, the idea to run the script returns an error

Otherwise, the installation aborts with an error

An attempt to update the component has failed.
Unfortunately, the component could not be updated.

With respect and best wishes

It is apt-get --reinstall install roundcube

Hello
The problem remains the same

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /var/lib/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/bootstrap.php:86\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/lib/roundcube/program/include/iniset.php(74): require_once()\n#1 /var/lib/roundcube/index.php(40): require_once(‘/var/lib/roundc…’)\n#2 {main}\n thrown in /var/lib/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/bootstrap.php on line 86

As a result of developing this question, there was a desire to do a fresh installation of the panel again.

Please tell me, is there an uninstallation script or do I need to have an arsenal of tools of the standard approach for uninstalling

apt-get install php8.0-mbstring

I would like to greet you dear colleagues!

I want to describe all the actions in detail because our joint research has already brought gifts to know the cause of the error.
And according to the results of the cause of this error, we used the php extension update advice

The system returns a message that the update has already been installed

Try again to go to the roundcube interface

apache2/error.log

I summarize with deep respect
I bow to respected colleagues and perhaps someone will have ideas for solving the source to order.

I will thank you, and perhaps many more who may have the same problem will also thank you many more times and take off your hat.

Respectfully guys

error.log in /var/log/roundcube/error.log