Why It's not working?

From what I see you have different IPs. In the Hestia DNS Panel 130.162.171.30, Ingress Rules port 8083 one ip, port 53 another ip and nslookup Unknown.

Of course,
whatsmydns . net/#A/ns1.tarikkamat. com
whatsmydns . net/#A/ns1.tarikkamat. com
whatsmydns. net/#NS/tarikkamat. com

my domain comp. response:

Hello,

Your redirect appears to be provided as follows.

intodns . com / tarikkamat . com

ns1 . tarikkamat.com. [‘130.162.171.30’] [TTL=172800]
ns2 . tarikkamat.com. [‘130.162.171.30’] [TTL=172800]

However, you are getting an error because your domain name is not called on the ip address you forward your name servers to.
We kindly ask you to get information from the provider you provide guidance in this regard.

Regards,
Turhost Customer Service

It is finally detecting it still might take a few hours…

53 ports rule: 0.0.0.0/0 tcp udp

8083 port rule true just one ip for security it’s ip my vpn ip adresss but since I thought it might be a problem, I removed that rule, 8083 is accessible from all ip addresses.

8083 doesn’t need to be accessible. Only 53 TCP / UDP for DNS…

53 ports rule:192.168.0.1/24 tcp udp port forwarding → 130.162.171.30

It’s been like this since the first day, but it never occurred to me to restart the dns server until today, I restarted it for the first time today, but it’s already been 3 hours.

I did some research on the internet then I added the following code but I can delete it. if wrong?

what is it mean?

53 ports rule:192.168.0.1/24 tcp udp port forwarding → 130.162.171.30

The problem is not in HestiaCp, in the firewall or routers, something you have not configured correctly.
You can try this.

ns1. A 14400 130.162.171.30

ns2 A 14400 130.162.171.30

Normally, we can’t manage DNS via hestia panel?
Because when I use Cyberpanel
Make my NS record: ns1.tarikkamat.com , ns2.tarikkamat.com and then
Child NS: ns1.tarikkamat.com - Server IP, ns2.tarikkamat.com - When I made it as server IP, I could execute other DNS records through Cyberpanel.

Now when I do these operations it doesn’t work on Hestia. Maybe the problem is in the software, maybe in my firewall rules, I don’t know.

I can use it like this.
My NS Records: For example, of the company I bought the domain name from.
If you examine the NS and A records of the momiyu.com.tr domain name, you can understand what I mean.
But I want to know if we can do it without entering the extra DNS settings from the place where I bought the domain name.

It’s working.

but I don’t want that. I think it should be able to work that way and I want it to work like that.

@eris @mih

Follow this guide

You have not created the A records for ns1 and ns2

1 Like

Thank you for answer. I done. I’m waiting for DNS records.

@jlguerrero really thank you. it’s working!!

just for the records, was already written here:

and once again here

1 Like

A quick note, open the firewall page and you will see a list of ports that are used…

Some tips.

1. As a new user dont use the admin account to create new domains etc create a new user.
  2. In firewall create a black list, you can also select some regions to deny access.
  3. I configure fail2ban to whitelist the ip i use to administer the panel.
    You can also customise it as you wany to.
  4. For wordpress i install redis and totalcache i think it is (on my phone at the moment).

Can not think of anymore at the moment but i guess i am missing a few here

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.