How to add automatic response filter to roundcube?

There is nothing to update, the plugin for version 1.4. + With support for default skin and elastic. On hestia there are files (.js) that have not been updated for more than 5 years, and nothing. works… The problem may arise from the composer, but that’s another issue.

1.5 I almost out unless we want for 5+ years to make it makes more sense to make it suitable…

Don’t know how much work it will be …

.js files does not change a lot. jQuery hasn’t change a lot at least not at the basic level Hestia uses it. Even then it should be rewritten some time

I have done what they indicate in this link but it continues without leaving the filters! I think that for hestia the paths are not the same, where should the pluguins folder be so that I can color this code and then add to $ config [‘plugins’] = array ???

The filter plugin you have linked will probably not work:

This doesn’t work it is to limited the settings: How To Set Up An Out-of-Office Message in RoundCube - TheeDigital is needing the manage sieve plugin which is already installed in Roundcube but not configured and probably not in dovecot.

So we would need the managesieve plugin correctly implemented in dovecot.

That would be great to have for many other things.

Has anyone configured it successfully? Does anyone want to share their config?

Got the sieves working on my test server. So it is not that difficult.

“Vakantie” means holiday…

Changes required:

• Changes to both installers
  • Upgrade script but probably needs to be manual as wee need to install some apt modules that are not installed by default…
  • Testing … Probably we should build an “1.5-beta” so users can test it on test servers…
  • Changes to Roundcube that are still needed to be done any way.

I don’t know how many users are interested in this feature?

But this could be an ideal candidate for:
Crowdfunding for feature requests

Okay, let’s decompose all tasks into smaller chunks and assign cost or time to each to have an estimate of the effort.

Then decide which part has to be done by the team and which part can be done by someone else.

And then estimate a fair price for that job. Then we can crowd fund.

How many users need this feature it is quite interesting to add the option. But I don’t use it my self… But if some company uses it and are not able to donate for tax/book keeping reasons it might be an option to “sponsor” it in this way…

I think the tasks are quite defined unless you want divide them in sub tasks “Debian and Ubuntu” But they are more or less the same only require some extra testing…

• Add new config files to /install/deb/dovecot/ +/- 1 hour
  • Make a list of the required changes for exim +/- 30 min + write sed for the changes.
  • Make changes to installers 1 hour each
  • Update script for current installs +/- 3 hours
  • #1917 So that changes to configs are saved +/- 2 hour of work
  • Changes to Roundcube +/- 15 min
  • Testing +10 hours preferable by end users see next items to be done:

To ease testing:

• Setup second apt server for beta
  • Add script to switch to beta “version” of hestia allow testing for new “more” riskier changes.

Reasonable hour rate for an developer 60 euro / hr
8 hours of work * 60 euro = +/- 500 euro (ex vat)

So it there any interest for it?

3 Likes

I would be interested in that function, I understand that it would simply be adding sieve to the dovecot and the plugging in roundcube.

I have also added the following functions to one of my Hestia installations (This could be integrated in the future if there is any interest);

• Z-push (For ActiveSync)
  • Spamassassin Userprefs (user filters that also works with a roundcube plugin)

More or less. Also need to install some new packages… And so on.

I am willing to pay up to 250€ for that feature and even more if we had sieve fully operational so that my clients can configure it via thunderbird.

From Thunderbird … Changes required I had to open 1 port in my firewall…

Perfect then.

The other issue that could be added to the bundle is the webmail performance optimization.

https://www.debianhelp.co.uk/perdition.htm

You are linking to a file from 2007 I assume most thing are already out of date due to changes in improved “coding” knowledge and automated compressions.

https://projects.horms.net/projects/perdition/
Unless you need to host a large client with over xxx mail boxes or extreme large mail boxes it probably doesn’t make sense adding. As it requires a large scale rewrite for no reasons as it act as an nginx proxy infront of you server for mail things…

Also it is not actively maintained for +5 years …

And the performance tweaks?

It is from 2007 so I assume they won’t be nessarry any more…

1 Like

Roundcube is very slow now.

https://christiandietze.de/speedup-roundcube/ Might be an idea…

I assume it is mainly caused by the fact the connections are closed every connection

Also How to Convert Roundcube to SQLite | cPanel & WHM Documentation Might be an idea how ever no idea how easy executable it will be

I don’t think it will significantly increase performance and it is too complicated.